Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mama's Boy

Brayden is definitely a mama's boy through and through.  He acts like his daddy most of the time (I wouldn't trade his personality for the world!), but definitely has a deep love for his mama :) I think this is probably the case for most little boys.  There really is nothing in all the world like the love a little boy has for his mama.  Sometimes throughout the day Brayden will come running to his mama with arms outstretched to be picked up, maybe for comfort or because he's hurt or maybe just because he wants to love on his mama.  Brayden always expects that I will be there to rescue him or pick him up.  I don't think he comes running thinking "I wonder if she'll really pick me up and love on me this time."  That's the innocence of a child.  He also knows, in his innocence, because of the love I have and have shown for my little boy that he can run to his mama and get some snuggles or comfort when he's hurt :)

This morning as we got up and started our day like we always do, Brayden was playing and came running to mama with arms outstretched like he does sometimes.  He wasn't upset or hurt, but just wanted to love on me and wanted to feel the comfort of his mama for a minute.  A couple minutes later he was ready to run off and play again.

The thought hit me this morning when Brayden did that, Jesus is our Heavenly Father and loves us just like Earthly parents love their children. We can run to Him with arms outstretched and EXPECT He will be there to pick us up, love on us just because, or comfort us when we're hurt, because He will.  His love for us is so deeper than we could ever imagine.  He desires us to run to Him with our arms outstretched, like Brayden.  

So, remember, we have a Heavenly Father, Jesus, who loves us SO much.  We can go to Him anytime with arms outstretched and He'll always be there!  


"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings." (Psalm 36:5,7)

No comments:

Post a Comment