Saturday, March 3, 2012

This won't last forever!

Sometimes I find myself getting so frustrated inside when Brayden wakes up in the middle of the night.  As much as I LOVE my sweet, little  big boy, I get so impatient when it's 2 a.m. and he's up randomly (at 15 months old)...wondering why in the world he won't sleep?  Thinking, "wasn't this supposed to end at like 8 months old?"  I've never been one to function on little sleep, so I think for me one of the biggest adjustments in motherhood has been learning to go with the flow when it comes to sleep.  Obviously, this isn't every night but between colds, sickness, and teething I feel like it happens more often than not.  But, I woke up this morning and the thought hit me (like it has before) that these times won't last forever and to cherish them.  Sounds silly...cherish waking up in the middle of the night, seriously? Yes! These days won't last forever...before I know it he'll be 16 and won't be crying for "mama" in the middle of the night.  Motherhood has taught me so much and has really done a great job at perfecting some of the fruits of the spirits - especially patience :)

So, if you're a mom, and you're so frustrated when you see the clock at hours of the night that you'd rather not be seeing the clock (like me)...remember, cherish every moment of it - these days really DON'T last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment